- Four years experience developing Ruby on Rails applications at scale, including a payment gateway that processed over 3 billion transactions in a year. Well-versed in RSpec unit and integration tests to drive TDD.
- Two years experience building and testing JVM applications ranging from Scala micro-services to Java monoliths.
- Five years experience writing SQL, creating migrations, and maintaining applications that run on PostgreSQL, including write-heavy applications that required partitioning.
- Three years experience developing applications on service-based architecture, including containerized deployments using Docker.
- Four years experience working in an Agile environment. Familiar with running stand-ups, retros, and sprint/iteration planning meetings.
LendUp (San Francisco, CA)
Jan 2018 – Oct 2018
- Worked on a Java Play application that issued small dollar loans to underbanked Americans.
- Significantly reduced compliance risk by extracting a dangerous codepath into an auditable Scala service.
- Created critical tools for on-call engineers, such as infrastructure charts, Librato and Grafana dashboard metrics, and managing Confluence run books.
- Performed operational on-call duties, including managing outages and writing post mortems.
Braintree (San Francisco, CA)
Oct 2015 – Sept 2017
- Worked on a highly available Ruby on Rails payment processing gateway that processed over 3 trillion transactions in 2016.
- Saved merchants hundreds of thousands of dollars by creating a Ruby on Rails service for merchants to dispute credit card chargebacks.
- Drafted and maintained the new team member on-boarding documentation for Team Disputes; six new team members have been on-boarded this way.
- Responsibilities included production operations, deployments, and on-call rotation participation.
Fiksu (Boston, MA)
Jun 2014 – Aug 2015
- Worked on a Ruby on Rails application that received traffic from 1.6M+ monthly active users.
- Reduced CI build times by 70% via limiting calls to the database and containerizing builds with Docker.
- Migrated, encrypted, and validated 3M+ records to securely store sensitive data.
Gravity Switch (Northampton, MA)
Aug 2013 – Jun 2014
- Worked at a web consultancy that built several products for customers including a HIPAA-compliant video streaming platform in PHP and college websites using CRMs such as Drupal.
- Reduced contract-to-delivery time by building a project template that eliminated repeated work.
- Quasars (Summer 2018 – Present): Designed, developed, and deployed a social link-sharing Ruby on Rails application for Astrophysics.
Lead-SCM (Winter 2016 – Spring 2017): Created an
experimental distributed version control system (DVCS) in Go to
better understand the internal workings of Git.
autodidact | ˌôdōˈdīdakt |
- a self-taught person.